Town Board Area Variance Hearing-Allison – 03/16/2022
No members of the Town Board were absent.
RECORDING SECRETARY: Tracy Terry, Town Clerk
CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm by Supervisor Entwistle
Supervisor Entwistle read the legal notice aloud.
- Supervisor Entwistle stated the Planning Board doesn’t have the authority to approve the variance as it doesn’t meet the Site review Law. The Town Board acts as a Zoning Board of Appeals. When a variance comes before the Town Board, they look at the 5 factors, which Supervisor Entwistle read aloud.
*Auxiliary content from this section of minutes can be found here (p. 2)*
- Pat Howard, from the gallery asked what they plan on doing with the property. Mr. Allison stated they might sell it or rent it out. Karen and Pat Howard spoke in opposition to the subdivision as it is on 3/4’s of an acre with neighboring properties.
- Supervisor Entwistle read the following letter aloud:
*Auxiliary content from this section of minutes can be found here (p. 3)*
- Mr. Allison stated his intention is to improve the property, not devalue. Discussion took place.
- Supervisor Entwistle asked if some of the houses on the map are smaller.
- Councilman Scouten and Councilwoman Verschneider stated they would like to look at the property.
A motion was made by Councilwoman Kardash and seconded by Councilwoman Verschneider to adjourn the meeting.
Roll call vote: Councilwoman Kardash -yes Councilman Scouten- yes Councilwoman Abrial – yes Councilwoman Verschneider-yes Supervisor Entwistle-yes
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 6:18 pm by Supervisor Entwistle.
Tracy M. Terry Forestport Town Clerk