Skip to main content

About Forestport Courts

Pay Fees Online

  • Forestport Court Clerk

    Shirleen (Sherry) Paschke

  • Justices

    Hon. Anthony W. Sege
    Town Justice
    Phone: 315-272-2884

  • Address

    Forestport Town Hall
    10275 State Route 28, PO Box 137
    Forestport, NY 13338

  • Hours of Operation

    Court is open to the public:
    Tuesdays at 3pm

    The Court Clerk is also Available:
    Tuesday and Thursday 9am-12pm

  • Phone Number


  • Fax


  • Email

Continue reading

Town Clerk


As the keeper of town records, the Town Clerk attends all meetings of the Town Board and records all activities and decisions made, serves as Records Management Officer, has custody of all town records and responds to Freedom of Information requests.

Dog Licenses
NYS requires all dogs over the age of six months to be licensed. The fee is $15 for each dog or $5 for a dog that has been spayed or neutered. Residents must submit a copy of the Rabies Vaccination Certificate and Spaying or Neutering Certificate with appropriate fee to Town Clerk’s Office in order to obtain a license. Licenses can either be done in person or mailed.

Handicapped Parking Permit

Applications for residents of the Town of Forestport are available at the Town Clerk’s Office and on the Town website. Please bring in a valid driver’s license or non-driver ID for proof, since New York State requires the last three digits of the drivers license on the permit. 

Application For Parking Permit For Persons With Severe Disabilities

Copies Of Marriage, Birth or Death Certificates

An application must be filled out along with a valid photo ID for all copies. Applications are available on the Town website and in the Town Clerk’s Office. The fee is $10.00

Applying for a Marriage License

A couple that intends to be married in New York State, may apply to any Town or Village Clerk in New York State.  An appointment must be scheduled with the Town Clerk’s office for a marriage license. Couples must appear together to apply for a license at least 24 hours before the wedding, but no more than 60 days in advance. Please bring certified copies of birth certificates, Social Security cards, and government issued photo I.D. If this is not a first marriage, divorce judgments for any and all divorces or if applicable, a certified copy of former spouse’s death certificate is required. The fee is $40 payable by cash or check. . Please call the Town Clerk’s office for an appointment. 

Marriage Certificates are only issued to the person named on the document.

Birth Certificates are only issued to the child or parent on the document.

Death Certificates can only be issued to spouse, children, parents of the deceased, or other lawful representative with legal documentation

Birth and Death Certificates are available through the Town if the birth or death occurred with in the Town. Records may be applied for in person or by mail with the application providing Photo ID. 

The Town Clerk is also the Registrar of Vital Statistics for the Town and provides copies of birth, death and marriage certificates and conducts genealogy searches.

The Clerk oversees all General and Primary Elections.


EZ – Pass On the Go now Available!

The Town of Forestport is pleased to announce that EZ-Pass On-the-Go are available for purchase.  Stop in the Town Clerk’s office during normal business hours to purchase one for $25.00. These are for passenger vehicles only.  


Highway Department

The Highway Department consists of the Highway Superintendent and several full time employees, with some seasonal part time employees.

The department maintains all town roads. In the winter season the department provides 24 hours a day coverage for plowing town and county roads. State roads are plowed by the state.

In the summer season, the workers inspect and maintain all town roads and bridges, repair culverts, remove brush, mow road shoulders, and sweep sand from roads and hamlet streets. They also assist with repairs and improvements of Town municipal facilities.

Codes Department

The Codes Officer is responsible for organizing and maintaining town codes including property, firearm, fees, building applications, septic system permits and regulations, and general code laws that apply to the town. Below you can find all of the downloadable applications and information that pertains to the Codes Office. If you need further assistance with documentation or applications, please feel free to contact us using the information above.

Form CE-200 – Visit Page