Requirements For Obtaining A Building Permit
1. Complete the Building Permit Application.
2. If you are a new owner of the property, you must furnish a copy of the deed.
3. A plot plan is required for all new construction. Indicate the location of the new structure and required setbacks. If there are buildings currently on the site, indicate their location in relation to the proposed new construction. Indicate the location of the well and septic, if any. All measurements should be from the property lines.
4. All structures require plans. New Homes 1500 sq. ft. or larger must have plans prepared by a Licensed New York State Professional Engineer or Architect. New Homes under 1500 sq. ft. may require plans prepared by a Licensed New York State Professional Engineer or Architect. This will be at the discretion of the Codes Official. In addition, alterations or additions may require Design Professional plans. Again, this will be at the discretion of the Codes Official.
5. Certification of all trusses used in construction must be furnished to this Office.
6. For homes serviced by a Septic System, a New York State Licensed Engineer or Architect must perform a percolation test and design the appropriate septic system. A copy of this plan must be furnished to the Codes Official prior to construction of the building or installation of the system. In addition, in order to receive a Certificate of Compliance, the Codes Official must inspect the complete septic installation and take photos of all components of the system before any backfilling takes place.
7. The total true cost of the completed project must be entered on the application.
8. The appropriate fee must be furnished to the Office before the permit will be issued.
9. The Contractor's name (DBA), address, phone number, and a copy of his Workman's Compensation and Liability Insurance Policy must be presented to the Office before a permit will be issued.
Phone: 315-795-0358 Cell